Thank you for participating in the 50th Annual Mile High United Way Turkey Trot!
By participating in this four-mile run/walk, you joined Denver’s greatest Thanksgiving tradition AND gave back to your community. Each registration positively impacts families across Metro Denver – ensuring children begin school ready to succeed, young adults are prepared for college or the workforce and families are getting their basic needs met and have opportunities to move toward economic success.
As we celebrate this incredible milestone year, we also celebrate the runners, volunteers and families who have made the Mile High United Way Turkey Trot a part of their Thanksgiving traditions for the last 50 years.
Run or Walk
*NEW* Lil Gobbler Family Zone
Don’t miss our new Lil Gobbler Family Zone at the Finish Village this year! Kids of all ages can enjoy games, face painting, photos with Gobbles and more as you celebrate finishing the race.
To run the race and participate in post-race activities you must be a registered runner with a bib. Register here. We do encourage spectators to join the fun all along the course! Children under 2 can use a parent’s bib to enter the Lil Gobbler Family Fun Zone.
Yes! You can register on-site on Thanksgiving morning at the registration tents in front of South High School. However, we recommend registering in advance as we cannot guarantee shirt sizes for any race day registrations. Register here.
The weather in November can be unpredictable, so plan to dress accordingly. Thanksgiving-themed attire and costumes are encouraged! If you plan to participate in the post-race craft beer garden, please remember to bring your ID.
Yes! We love having well-mannered canine friends as part of our Thanksgiving tradition. All dogs must be on a non-retractable leash that is no longer than 6 feet.
Parking will be available at South High School (1700 E Louisiana Ave, Denver, CO 80210), around the perimeter of Washington Park, and in the All City Stadium lot south of South High School. Please be courteous to our Washington Park neighbors and observe all posted parking signs.
If you selected to have your packet mailed during checkout, your packet will be mailed in early November. If you did not select to have your packet mailed, you can pick up your packet at one of the following packet pick-up dates, location to be announced.
- Sunday, November 19 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 21 | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22 | 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thanksgiving morning starting at 7:30 a.m. in front of South High School
Yes! Please have the first and last name of each person whose packet you are picking up.
We are excited to announce that alongside our Lil Gobbler Family Fun Run, we will have our first ever Lil Gobbler Family Zone as part of our Finish Village! Enjoy games, face painters, photos with Gobbles the Turkey and more. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
The Mile High United Way Turkey Trot course is a 4-mile walk/run at Washington Park. The Lil Gobbler Family Fun Run is a 1-mile walk/run that starts and ends at the main race start and finish lines. View the 2023 course map here.
Yes! Strollers, wagons and accessibility devices are allowed in each start wave. Please note: the 9 and 9:30 a.m. start waves tend to have more competitive runners. We encourage you to join towards the back of each start wave to avoid getting stuck in the crowd. Bikes, scooters, skateboards and other wheeled recreational equipment are not allowed.
We are proud to partner with Fleet Feet to offer family friendly, 5-week training programs starting in October. Race registration is not included in your training program fee. Learn more.
All adaptive athletes, regardless of pace, have the option for an early start for the 9 a.m. start wave. Athletes wishing to start the race at this time should be at the front of the start line no later than 8:45 a.m.
Adaptive athletes with a 6-minute mile or faster pace are welcome at the front of the start line for any start wave.
You can also volunteer to help with race day set-up, onsite registration, water stations and more. Volunteers play an important role in making the Turkey Trot a success! Register here
Runner Information & Reminders:
Beat the event-day rush and pick up your packet during one of our three packet pick-up days at Fleet Feet in Cherry Creek (2500 E. First Ave., Denver, CO 80206). Park for the first 15 minutes for free, then receive free parking validation curtesy of Fleet Feet.
- Sunday, Nov.19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 22 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Packets are also available for pick-up at the race starting at 7:30 a.m. in front of South High School.
Need to pick up a packet for a family member or friend? Be sure to have their first and last names. Each packet includes a custom bib and one t-shirt (sizes pre-selected during registration), as well as any add-on items purchased.
Limited quantities of pet bandanas and commemorative beanies will be available for purchase during packet pick-up on a first-come, first-served basis.
Race Day Reminders
- Parking is available at South High School, around the perimeter of Washington Park, and in the All City Stadium lot south of South High School.
- Line up in the corrals no more than 20 minutes before your scheduled Start Wave.
- On-site registration: Plan to arrive 45 minutes before your desired Start Wave. Mobile registration with credit card payment encouraged.
- All well-mannered dogs are welcome but must be on a non-retractable leash that is no longer than 6 feet.
- Enjoy a post-race beer or Bloody Mary in the Great Divide Beer Garden courtesy of Great Divide, Tito’s Vodka, and The Real Dill. Must be 21+ and have valid ID.
- Be sure to visit our Lil’ Gobbler Family Fun Zone for post-race fun! All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- After the race, check out your race results here!
Event Day Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration opens
- 8:45 a.m. – Opening ceremonies
- 9 a.m. – Wave 1 starts
- 9:30 a.m. – Wave 2 starts
- 10 a.m. – Wave 3 starts
- 10:30 a.m. – Wave 4 starts
- 10:40 a.m. – Family Fun Run starts