OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Mile High United Way’s mission is to unite people, ideas, and resources to advance the common good. An outward and intentional commitment to inclusion across all dimensions including race, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability enables us to effectively and authentically address our communities’ most pressing needs.
Mile High United Way respects, values and celebrates the visible and non-visible unique attributes, characteristics, experiences, and perspectives of every person. We recognize the unique needs and opportunities across Colorado and seek to engage all voices, to co-create more equitable communities.
Accommodations and hiring information
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact Human Resources at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
How We Work Together
To provide the best possible service to our community, our partners, our donors, and to our Mile High United Way colleagues, we ask each employee to commit to:
– “LIVE UNITED” by upholding our core values of Integrity, Accountability, Excellence, Courageous Leadership, and Service to our community.
– Be in touch with our inner-Gumby. In other words, be flexible!
– Maintain a positive attitude, even if you haven’t had a cup of coffee yet.
– Treat everyone with great worth, dignity, kindness, and courtesy.
– Meet, greet, and welcome visitors.
– Respect each other’s time, personal space and communication styles.
– Protect the privacy and confidential information of colleagues, partners and external customers.
– Honor, provide and utilize feedback gracefully and with gratitude.
– Ask for help when in need and offer help to others in need.
– Advocate for ourselves, our team, and our organization.
We work hard and we celebrate hard:
– Winter Celebration
– Summer Staff and Family Picnic
– Spring Campaign
– Hosting Halloween for a local elementary school
– Softball team
– Numerous volunteer opportunities, including Read with Me and Days of Service
– Monthly All Staff meetings, highlighting birthdays, celebrations, and life happenings!
Mile High United Way’s offices in the Morgridge Center for Community Change opened in September of 2014. The working environment in this building includes:
– Open-office workstations
– Free employee underground parking
– Café United by Work Options for Women
– A staff-only lounge with refrigerators and microwaves
– Indoor bicycle storage
– Locker rooms with showers
– Views of downtown Denver
– Indoor and outdoor meeting spaces
– CoBank Leadership Center, providing free conference space for public use