Mile High United Way Helps Spread the Love on Valentine's Day
On February 14, staff from Mile High United Way hosted three “pop-up” events in down town Denver to spread the love on Valentine’s Day. This week is also ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ week so, in honor of the two occasions, staff handed out hand warmers and cards with information about Mile High United Way’s 2-1-1 Help Center and hosted a volunteer station to build cold weather packs for community members in need.
We would like to offer a special thank you to the locations that hosted us: Starbucks at 16th and Tremont, Starbucks at 16th and Blake, and the Capital One Café at Union Station.
The store manager at Starbucks on 16th and Tremont remarked that “it was a joy to watch people walk into the store with smiles on their faces and was a great reminder that one small, random act can completely brighten someone’s day.” View photos from the day on Facebook or Instagram.
Looking for other ways to spread the love this week? Here are a few suggestions!
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your home or office for people to find throughout the day.
- Smile at five strangers or give out high-fives!
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Get a group of friends together to build cold weather packs or fleece tie blankets.
- Connect with Mile High United Way and volunteer at an organization in our community. Check out Volunteer United for current opportunities.